header

header

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Do Judicial Watch and Wayne Allyn Root now have the smoking gun on IRS?

Thanks to assistance from Judicial Watch and the Freedom of Information Act, prominent conservative Obama administration critic Wayne Allyn Root believes that “I was targeted by the IRS in a coordinated attack at the highest levels of government...and we now have the proof.”
In a Foxnews.com story, he narrates the story of his audits by the IRS and what has been discovered in the course of responses to FOIA:
I was audited in 2011, and it started in a way that government officials and IRS spokesmen claimed in a recent Wall Street Journal article can never happen -- with a phone call.
The IRS agent left a voicemail, and then took another unheard-of step and called my accountant, who had my power of attorney and told the agent he was forbidden to ever contact me again.
Yet the IRS agent called me again, only minutes later, telling me all about my political views. How did an IRS agent know about my political views? Why was he telling me my political views? I felt like I was being stalked.
So here's a question for the IRS spokesman and the official for the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (both quoted in the WSJ article saying no IRS audit ever begins with a phone call)… Are you sticking to your story that the IRS never calls taxpayers? Or is the correct wording, “The IRS never calls taxpayers, unless they are critics of the president?"
This is just the beginning.
After spending thousands of dollars, I won in Tax Court in 2012. Five days later, I was targeted to be audited again. To my attorney’s knowledge, this has never happened before.
After winning my case the second time, I contacted government watchdog Judicial Watch, which took my case and requested my tax files under the Freedom of Information Act. By law, the IRS has 30 days to comply. They stalled and refused for 14 months. The question is why would a government agency disobey the law for 13 months?
It gets worse.  Much worse:
The IRS is supposed to be totally nonpolitical, as it must be in a free and fair democratic society. Do you know what my IRS tax file says?
“SENSITIVE CASE.”
Do you know the date “SENSITIVE CASE” was written on my tax file? The week Lois Lerner testified in Congress.
The only thing “SENSITIVE” about my case is that I’m a conservative political columnist and commentator often critical of the president. The only context where “sensitive” applies to me is “POLITICALLY SENSITIVE."
Lest you think that Root is leaping to a conclusions:
My IRS auditor wrote into the margin of my file that he spent hours researching my political views. How chilling is that revelation? It sounds like the KGB, Stasi or even the Gestapo.
This strikes me as a smoking gun, for it is right there in print.  The IRS has no business whatsoever researching the politics of audit subjects.
But there is even more:
The reason it may have taken the IRS fourteen months to turn my IRS files over to Judicial Watch is that they state a United States senator from Oregon was involved. At the time both senators from Oregon were Democrats. But only one, Ron Wyden, was chairman of the Senate Finance Committee with oversight over … the IRS. Could Ron Wyden have been the Democrat senator involved in my case?
If so, why was a U.S. senator involved in a "normal random audit?" Why was an Oregon Senator involved in the audit of a Nevada small businessman? Since when do United States Senators get involved in IRS audits?
I want to know the context in which the IRS stated this.  Was there a recording?  If so, that’s one thing, but if it becomes Root’s word versus some agent’s word, I am not sure where this will go, absent subpoena powers.  But those powers may be in prospect:
My files have been turned over to U.S. Senate investigators. I stand ready and eager to testify.
One more little coincidence:
On May 23, 2013, my case was officially closed. Recognize that date? It's the exact day that IRS official Lois Lerner was suspended and the day after she testified in front of Congress (and refused to answer questions on the grounds it might incriminate her). Coincidence?
Why was my case closed? The IRS auditor handling my case informed my tax attorney that he had just been called by a top IRS official demanding the case be closed immediately. Why would a top IRS official get involved in my case? Who asked him to make that call? Did he know the politically damaging details of this audit marked “SENSITIVE CASE"? Why did it happen the very day after Lois Lerner's testimony?
Remember that when Hillary Clinton drafted the articles of impeachment for Richard Nixon at the dawn of her political career, one of the charges was siccing IRS audits on his political opponents.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have Senate hearings on this as her campaign nears its peak?


Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/05/do_judicial_watch_and_wayne_allyn_root_now_have_the_smoking_gun_on_irs.html#ixzz3ZPTPsPUO
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment