header

header

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Dem Rep. Alcee Hastings Refuses To Apologize After Disparaging Fellow Lawmaker’s State

I would tell the Elected Official that they don't want him in Texas. This Idiot does not deserve to be in Office. 




During a heated exchange among members of the House Rules Committee this week, Florida Democrat Rep. Alcee Hastings offered his dismissive view of Texas in response to a remark by a legislator from that state.
Republican Rep. Michael Burgess criticized Barack Obama for his administration’s failure to work with the GOP, prompting Hastings’ ad hoc indictment of the Lone Star State.
“Had the governors worked with the administration, we might not be in this situation,” he said. “I don’t know about your state, which is a crazy state to begin with – and I mean that just as I said it – some of the policies…”
He was interrupted by Rep. Virginia Foxx, R-N.C., who serves as the committee’s vice chair, which led to another vitriolic outburst.
“Mr. Burgess doesn’t have the time, madam chair,” he said. “I have the time.”
Burgess chimed in, explaining that Hastings made a “very defamatory statement” about his home state, adding that he refused to “stand here and listen to it.”
 Adding fuel to the fire, Hastings doubled down on his anti-Texas rhetoric.
“Well, fine,” he told his colleague, “then you don’t have to listen. You can leave if you choose. I told you what I think about Texas. I wouldn’t live there for all the tea in China, and that’s how I feel.”
The invective continued when Burgess requested an apology.
“You will wait until hell freezes over,” Hastings shot back, “for me to say anything in an apology.”

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/dem-rep-alcee-hastings-refuses-apologize-disparaging-fellow-lawmakers-state/#OkKigofllpR8GfDy.99

No comments:

Post a Comment