header

header

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Common Core lesson just crossed the line BIG TIME

I didn’t think it was possible, but Common Core has succeeded to go down a couple more notches. Parents in Farmville, North Carolina were shocked after they found out their children’s vocabulary homework promoted the religion of Islam.


muslimworksheet
 

From Fox News:
“It really caught me off guard,” a Farmville Central High School student who was in the class told me. “If we are not allowed to talk about any other religions in school – how is this appropriate?”
The Islamic vocabulary worksheet was assigned to seniors.
“I was reading it and it caught me off guard,” the student told me. “I just looked at it and knew something was not right – so I emailed the pages to my mom.”

I asked the school district to provide me with a copy of vocabulary worksheets that promoted the Jewish, Hindu and Christian faiths. The school district did not reply.
“In the following exercises, you will have the opportunity to expand your vocabulary by reading about Muhammad and the Islamic word,” the worksheet read.
The lesson used words like astute, conducive, erratic, mosque, pastoral, and zenith in sentences about the Islamic faith.
Read more…
It really comes back down to double standards. Can you imagine if the vocabulary lessons contained sentences about Jesus’ life? I can see it now.
Vocabulary lesson sentence:
“Jesus is the Son of God and came to give everyone eternal life.”
Society’s response:
“OMG WHY ARE THEY SHOVING CHRISTIANITY DOWN OUR KIDS’ THROATS?! UNACCEPTABLE!”

Read more at http://www.youngcons.com/common-core-lesson-just-crossed-the-line-big-time/#YpdKihsj7oTREqj2.99

 

No comments:

Post a Comment