header

header

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Obama Begins to Criticize Trump -- And Vows a Return to Community Organizing

RUSH: Obama... Obama....  Get this.  "During a conference call Monday with his grassroots supporters, President Obama admitted to being disappointed by last week's election results." He has started criticizing Trump now.  Have you noticed?  Folks, I need to take you back to one of my original theories about why Trump was treating Obama the way he was.  Do you remember my theory
My theory is that he did this because it's a dangerous time in our country, because of the election results and because of the shock the losers feel that the losers still have the power for two months.  We have a very dangerous situation.  Barack Obama has been totally repudiated. We hope that he doesn't look at it that way, for our sake. We hope his narcissism is such that he still doesn't believe it was about him, as he said, because if he starts thinking he's been personally repudiated, he's gonna be even more dangerous. 
The theory was that Trump realizes we've got two months here (well, now seven weeks, whatever it is), 'til the inauguration, and all the levers of power are still controlled by these guys.  No reason to provoke 'em.  No reason at all.  So be nice. Thank Obama and tell him you're gonna be seeking his advice. He's a great guy. This is what Trump has been doing is my theory to explain why, but now I see Obama's starting to get -- and he was doing the same. 
Obama was being accommodating and he was being magnanimous toward Trump.  Now it's beginning to change a little bit, and it worries me.  We'll have to see how this plays out.  Obama's already... One of the things he's thinking of doing? A drilling moratorium on offshore oil around Alaska and so forth 'til 2022.  Anyway, that's still not the story.  Obama told these grassroots supporters to stop moping, that he's gonna go back to community organizing. (laughing) I love that!
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Obama is gonna go back to community organizing.  He indicated he will return to community organizing when he leaves the White House.  "I promise you that next year Michelle and I are going to be right there with you, and the clouds are going to start parting and the sun is going to come back out, and we're going to be busy, involved in the amazing stuff that we've been doing all these years before. ... And what that means is staying engaged, staying involved, and figuring out how do we move forward not only to protect what we’ve accomplished, but also to see this as an opportunity --"
I'm telling you, I want you to get ready.  He's not going anywhere, folks.  And the Drive-Bys will be more than happy to give Obama whatever airtime he wants.  By the way, Obama's on a world tour now.  He's in the middle of a joint press conference with Angela Merkel in Germany, and he's saying there could have been no better partner on the world stage than Angela Merkel. 
Fine and dandy.  What he's doing, according to news reports, Obama is traveling the Western Alliance explaining Donald Trump to these people.  These are all the elites and the establishment types of Western Europe, and Obama's out there explaining the Trump election, explaining who Donald Trump is to these people.  He's like a Martian. They don't have any idea who he is.  It's just incredible how detached they are.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH:  Let me ask you all a question.  I'm serious here.  What is Obama doing going around the world explaining Trump's election anyway?  I mean, George W. Bush didn't do that when Obama was elected, and I don't think George H. W. Bush did it when Clinton was elected.  I don't know if Clinton did it when W was elected, but what's Obama doing? 
Is it possible, is it slightly remotely likely, is it somewhat possible that Obama would be attempting to put together a group of foreign leaders to work against Trump?  "How dare you say that, Rush.  How dare you say that an outgoing president would go around the world asking world leaders to sabotage his successor."  Well, wait a minute.  Ted Kennedy did. 
When Ronaldus Magnus was president -- by the way, I need to tell all of you in this audience, to clue you in on something.  I may repeat things that you've heard me say over the course of many years.  Understand something:  The tune-in factor that we are getting right now is huge.  There are new people listening to this program that have never listened to it before.  The subscribers, RushLimbaugh.com, we are setting records, same thing with the Limbaugh Letter.  The pre-orders for our latest great book for young people, Rush Revere and the Presidency, it's going really well. 
As such, folks, there are people who are tuning in that do not have a context.  That's why I say it takes six weeks of steady listening to really understand.  That's just your foundation.  It grows from there.  You need at least six weeks once you start listening to this program to be able to get with it and go with the flow and understand it.  It takes at least six weeks for there to be an established context.  But knowing that, I'm trying to speed process up. 
So many of you have heard me talk about things involving Reagan before.  Understand I'm doing it not because I've run out of things to say, but, rather, there's new tune-in factor, and it is very well possible that many people will never have heard some of these things that you've heard me say over the years.  So I appreciate your indulgence. 
What I was gonna say is that back when Reagan was president, the Democrats were fearful and panicked and so forth that Reagan was going to start a nuclear war.  They believed all of their idiocy back then as much as they do today.  And Ted Kennedy actually sent letters to a couple of different Soviet leaders asking them to be patient and to not overreact to anything the neophyte ignoramus Reagan did because it wasn't gonna be long and they would get rid of him.  Reagan would be gone and the Democrats would be back in the White House and all would be cool.  And I am not making this up.
We didn't find this out until the Soviet Union imploded and the Berlin Wall came down and a number of files locked away with the KGB were released. And in those files were these letters from Ted Kennedy, who was Senator from Massachusetts, who was actively undermining Ronald Reagan.  It didn't work.  Reagan did bring about the demise of the communist Soviet Union and communist East Germany and the Berlin Wall. 
So the communists found a new home and a new movement.  Climate change became their new movement and America became their new home.  And, you know, it's a serious thing, it's a deadly serious thing.  There's an analogy.  Republicans win the House for the first time in 40 years in 1994 and make the mistake of assuming that the country had moved to the right and had become conservative and therefore the Republicans in the House began to implement their agenda but didn't teach while they did it. 
They didn't explain it.  They assumed everybody knew.  And, in large part, that was a factor in the election, but also Democrat scandals in the House had reached a point where people just wanted to broom 'em out and try something new.  Same thing with this.  When the Soviet Union fell everybody made the mistake thinking it's the end of communism, that the deathblow had been delivered. 
But that wasn't the case.  And so we stopped fighting communism.  We stopped teaching its evils.  We stopped informing people of its encroachments and its expansion elsewhere.  And now communism and Marxism have become very, very important ranking curriculum items on major college campuses.  Marxism is openly taught.  Communism is subtly taught, while a lot of us think we defeated communism.  We did, but we didn't.  We defeated the Soviet Union, but not communism.
Communism still has a very large mansion in this country.  It's found on college campuses.  It's found in Hollywood.  It's found in any number of places that have the power to manipulate minds and influence opinion.  These evils never go away anyway.  It's a constant battle to keep them defeated or suppressed.  And when the Soviet Union imploded we stopped.  George H. W. Bush began talking about a New World Order and so forth and so on. The Soviets ended, but the communists didn't.  Climate change, global warming became the new home for displaced communists, the new movement, and the United States became their new locale, their new home. 
So I raised the question here because I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Obama, who is he?  He's a Democrat, he's a liberal Democrat, he is a far-left radical Democrat.  He believes his agenda is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and here Trump has come along and won and just shocked and stunned everybody.  They still can't believe it.  They have not come to grips with it on the left and in the media. 
And I wouldn't doubt at all -- I can't prove it -- I wouldn't doubt at all if Obama would run around the world and try to gin up opposition to Trump if he thought it necessary to save his agenda.  "Mr. Limbaugh, how can you say that?  Are you saying the resigning president leaving office would undermine his own country?"  No, no, no.  That's not how I think.  That's what Obama thinks he's doing. He thinks he's saving American.  But I don't doubt that it's possible.  I'm not accusing him of it. 
By the way, another column today.  Boston Globe, some guy named Cohen.  "I hope he fails" is the headline.  It's everywhere now.  You see how I open doors.  I am a classic example of the pioneers taking the arrows.  In 2009 I said, "I hope Obama fails." Everybody knows what I mean, but they act like they don't, and now liberal after liberal after liberal says with impunity, with joy, with happiness, with pride, "I hope Trump fails."  And nobody's jumping on their case. 
Nobody's accusing them of undermining the presidency.  Nobody's accusing these people who want Trump to fail.  Nobody's saying about them that they're harming America like it was said about me.  No, these people are being treated as intellectual giants.  
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Here's Dale in Fargo, North Dakota.  I'm really glad you waited.  Great to have you with us, sir.  Hi.
originalCALLER: (garbled cell) Thank you, Rush.  God bless you, and thanks for taking my call.  First of all, I want to thank you for your Rush Revere books.  I lost my son about two-and-a-half years ago, and (unintelligible) together with the two grandsons and sit down and reading them, read some of your books with them and talking about the inventions that you covered in the book. So thank you for that.  Just wanted to get to my point.
You mentioned a while back -- and I totally agree with you -- that there was no way Barack Obama was gonna leave Washington once he left the White House. Even if Hillary got elected, he was gonna stay there and keep his finger on the pulse and make sure his agenda didn't change.  My feeling now is that he's still gonna do that and double down on it. But I think more and more you're gonna see Michelle's face in front of the camera, and I think they're gonna groom her and get her ready for 2020 so she can be the first woman president.  Your thoughts on that?
RUSH:  Hmm.  Well, it's an interesting thought -- and, by the way, my deepest sympathies to you, if I heard you right.  That's terrible.  I'm also deeply grateful for your comments on the Rush Revere books with your grandchildren.  I really, really, really appreciate that.  As it relates to Michelle (My Belle) Obama, you might be right, because there's already scuttlebutt that they are going to groom her for elective office of some kind.  Now, she can't... (chuckles) Well, that's all blown now.  I was gonna say you can't run for president out of the box, but Trump's done it. 
I think what I read was that they are planning on maybe having her run for Congress or the Senate, some such thing, and maybe I can see running for president.  I think once these people get a taste of this kind of power and the time comes to let it go, it's very, very difficult thing to do.  So I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that they're trying to groom Michelle (My Belle).  I just don't know if that's... I don't know her at all.  I don't know what her ambitions are.  I don't really know what her role has been. 
She could be intimately involved in all this Obama policy.  We just don't know.  What we do know is that Valerie Jarrett is there at Obama's right hand.  But, look, she's the wife, and as we all know the wives are predominant. They have great influence, and I don't doubt that she does.  But how much, who knows, and I don't have any idea what her aspirations are.  But I do know this.  People that want that kind of power and get it, have a real tough time -- most of them -- letting it go.  Not all.  Not all.  But many, many do.  The Clintons couldn't let go of it. 
originalAnd, let me put something in perspective for you here.  It may be a somewhat crude way of saying it, but let me put it to you this way.  It has taken thirty years to vanquish the Clintons, if we have.  You know when I first heard about Bill Clinton?  I had never heard of him, other than governor of Arkansas.  But the first person who ever regaled me with what a great guy Bill Clinton was, was Peggy Noonan.  Peggy Noonan had visited one of these Restoration Weekends.  I'm going way back here now to the very early 1990s and these Democrats had set up this Restoration Weekend thing.
The Republicans have copied it.  There are two different versions.  David Horowitz has one every November.  I think he still does it here at the... (interruption) He just had it?  Well, they must have had all the people they needed to present awards.  That's when I get invited, to present awards. (interruption) What's the name of it?  It's the...? (interruption) Oh.  That's right.  The Democrats call it Renaissance Weekend. Okay, yeah.  Horowitz is the Restoration Weekend, and there have been a couple others that have been tried. 
The Democrat version was all these hoi polloi from the Democrat establishment -- young people -- would get together for a weekend where they would hatch ideas and coordinate strategies to advance the cause, whatever the cause or causes were.  Peggy Noonan went to one of these Democrat things and just came back singing the praises of Bill Clinton.  "Man, this guy has got it! This guy is a communicator extraordinaire. He's gonna be president someday."  That's the first time I heard of Bill Clinton.  So he's easily been in the public arena here, if we count the Arkansas governor days, 30 years. 
And it's taken 30 years to vanquish them, if we have.  What if it takes 30 years to vanquish the Obamas?  Now, he says he's going to go back to "community organizing."  That means agitating, rabble-rousing, and organizing rabble-rousing and agitating.  But what Michelle's role in it is? I don't think anybody knows.  But I'll tell you what's gonna hit: Their daughters. When their daughters grow and leave and gonna go, that's gonna change, too. That will give them new freedom, more time, as the kids leave the nest.  So you may be right, Dale, and the presidency might be what she's groomed for.
If so, it's because they don't want to give up that power.
END TRANSCRIPT
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/11/17/obama_begins_to_criticize_trump_and_vows_a_return_to_community_organizing

No comments:

Post a Comment